Wow, so much has happened in 2 years.
- I had 2 summer-ending injuries 2 summers in a row (2013 and 2014)
- My son picked up mountain bike racing and has grown about a foot. Seriously.
- My bike has evolved a bit as I killed 3 rear-hubs and a set of cranks
- We explored many different trails around the state
- A couple of elected officials failed to give away the eastern portion of the JWPT
- I found the Tekoa Trail and Trestle Association on FB.
Last weekend I almost took a group of Boy Scouts on a ride from Hyak to Rattlesnake Lake but not 1, not 2, but 3 among the adult leaders (myself included) vehicle malfunctions prevented us from riding. To make up for it we took the boys to Duthie Hill Park in Issaquah and showed them the amazing trails and jumps.
There seems to be a renewed public interest in the trail and making this ride happen. So be it. Now I just need to convince my boys to come with me. That may be a problem. }B^)
- Bizz Johnson Trail ride report - a quick report about an afternoon ride with my Dad from 2014
- Ride report from 2014 where I took my younger sons on short rides in Cle Elum and Hyak
- Route updates and ride estimates along with a tentative date for 2016 (?!?!)
- The newest improvements on the eastern Palouse section
Rubber-side down, folks!